My Millennial guest series will be developed. STAY TUNED!
Looking at the Millennials/ Generation Y – born early 1980 to early 2000 – is your leadership hanging in there? I hope mine is. Therefore, some of my inspirators are found in the younger age groups.
Found this article on Generation Y characteristics. The highlights:
- Attracted to organisations where technology is at the forefront of the companies ethos
- View life differently than their overworked parents – seeks the best blend of an enjoyable life with a fulfilling working environment
- Unlike generations before them they are happy to change job roles more often to find the right organization to work within
- A team playing mentality and expectations of openness and transparency from management and colleagues
- Communication which is quick, effective and on Generation Y terms will be conducted in a heartbeat
- Constant feedback, gratitude, guidance and reassurance are essentials
Generation Y is the fastest growing generation in business and as leaders…
View original post 38 more words